Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cold

I've caught a nasty cold. There are 1,000 things wrong with having a cold in the summer. David has it too and now Ben woke up with it.

Yesterday, we were supposed to go to the zoo. I woke up feeling horrible, but knew I should muster up the energy to go. I knew the kids would love to go, so I got lunches packed and sunscreen on and we met our friends.

I didn't take any pictures.

My friend snapped a couple of the kids at the splash pad after. This is the highlight after a hot morning of walking around.
Photobucket
Give Ben a sprinkler and he's a happy boy.
Photobucket
It was a fun morning. I'm glad we went.

Other exciting news...
We got new stools/chairs for our kitchen. We bought 2 originally (5 years ago) because we had 2 kids, but then Noah came along and I truly hated those other stools. They swivel and almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard is the stool hitting the counter...tink, tink, tink. Drives me crazy. I also hated the microfiber seats. The kids would spill and they'd get nasty. I also hated that they were really little. Made no impact. Our friends around the corner have the same model of home as ours and they moved. They couldn't use these Pottery Barn stools anymore. But, I could! So I bought them from her and couldn't be happier!
Untitled
And just when I splurge on some chairs, I realize Noah needs a double bed, my car needs new tires, the carpet steam cleaner broke and our lawn mower is on the fritz. Isn't that always how it works?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're feeling punky. No fun at all.But what a great Mom you are to get the kids out even though you probably didn't want to be there. On a positive note, the new stools look great. I know when one thing goes so does everything else, it seems it's one of the rules of life.It's only Tuesday but I hope things start looking up soon. ☼
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Yes, that's how it always works. Wow, yuck to a summer cold. :(

We're off to the Big Apple in just one day now. I'm off work now and won't be checking in again until after the 18th.

Hope you're all well soon.

Love, Linda