Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our Crib Idea

Thanks to Piper who reads my blog, she pointed out a few really cute designs on pinterest that caught her eye for repurposing a crib. Those links led me to this blog and all I can say is WOW! I figured out what I want to do with our crib.
Untitled
I love the color, so I won't mess with that. I want to turn it into something similar to this:
Untitled
Again, the idea is from Cassandra Design.

I love it. Three baskets, so the kids can put their shoes, hats, scarves, mittens, etc in their own baskets. I love that it has a little saying on it. Ours would say "Galeana est. 2002". How cute is that?

So, now the problem comes in. I don't know how to do anything like this. Maybe my Dad who is retired and needs projects could chop up our crib with his table saw and make some magic. What do you think Dad? Dad? Dad?

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a cool idea!! :)

You had me thinking how that would be neat to make from Sarah's old crib, except that Sarah's crib probably wouldn't work well for it because the wood is less established - hers is an old fashioned thin-slatted crib so I can't imagine that making a nice bench. But that's cool!

Linda said...

... I forgot to ask - are you guys celebrating 10 years of marriage this year also?

2002 - that's when Jim and I got married and it's a huge anniversary for us (it has to be - since I had never reached this milestone before except when dating and Jim and I are obviously much older so have to celebrate the milestones when they come). We started dating in 2000.

Piper said...

Oh, I like that! Now I need to pin that, too :p