Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fearless

Yesterday I need to run some errands...alone. It takes three times as long to tote three kids into stores and I wanted to browse around Kohls and get my haircut. It was a lovely 3 hours.

David took the kids to the pool. When I got home, Noah immediately showed me how he swam at the pool. Head down, arms moving like a frog. Then, David told me Noah jumped off the side of the pool in the 4 foot section and swam to the steps with no floaties! I couldn't believe it.

We went today and I got some video of him. He has no fear.

For his next trick, he swam across the pool with a short stop and help from Dad for a breath. This freaked me out a little as he was under for so long. You can hear the panic in my voice. But, that's just a Mom for you!

For his last and final trick, he jumped in and swam to Dad.

Emily learned to swim at 4 years old. Ben was 5. Noah is 2. I think he'll be swimming next summer. Have I mentioned he's my strong willed child? In this instance it's a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just checking on my nook before going to bed and what a surprise I got. I can't believe that is the same little guy that had to be held so tightly in Daddy's arms just a year ago. Way to go Noah! Love
G.

Linda said...

My strong-willed child didn't learn until 2nd/3rd grade. She wasn't ready before then because she hated water in her face, but since those swim lessons, she became a fish and loves the water at 16. :) So, you just never know...

That's great Noah! He's doing awesome!!! <3

It's great that you have videos of these moments. I don't think we have any videos of Sarah at those lessons but we have good memories and some photos.

Love, Linda