I woke up today and Ben insisted that we call a soldier to thank them. I told him the only soldier we know is Papa.
My Dad was strong. He still is, even if he can't hold a man above his head.
Ben just called him now. The phone call went something like this:
Ben: "Papa are you a soldier?"
pause
Ben: "Thank you for protecting our world!"
Who knew Ben was so patriotic? I'm glad he knows what today is all about and that he went looking for a soldier to thank them. He's sweet like that.
2 comments:
This is wonderful!!! :) Sweet Ben.
We have no soldiers in our family - my Dad wasn't able to serve and everyone else who did in our family has long been dead.
Here, they even had school yesterday and we all worked as usual, so I didn't give much thought to the day but I do always hang our flag on Independence Day and Memorial Day. :)
Happy Weekend!
Love, Linda
That's so sweet! Ben is such a thoughtful boy. I'm sure your dad was touched.
Post a Comment