Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Senior Moments...already?

Sometimes I feel like I got things under control. Yesterday, I got my kids off to school, took Noah in the snow and was ready to dash off to Mom's coffee with homemade pumpkin muffins in hand. I even had lipstick on. Red Lipstick.
Photobucket
Then the kids get out of school and I find out that I gave them each others lunch. Again.

I don't know what is going on with me lately. I feel overwhelmed and wake up at night remembering that I forgot to remember to plant the bulbs in the backyard. Again.

I'm doing this all the time. I even backed up into my Mom's car a month ago. I know it's in our driveway. It's been there for 3 months. I'm forgetting everything lately.

I also completely spaced that our anniversary is Saturday. Thank goodness we don't do gifts. If it weren't for a conversation at Mom's coffee yesterday about how long we've all been married, I would've let Saturday come and go without remembering. And I think my husband remembers because I remind him. Which I did as soon as I remembered I forgot it.

The things I want to do, like help at the kids school, don't seem to fit into my weekly schedule. The things I have to do, like clean the bathrooms, don't seem to fit in my weekly schedule either. So just what the heck am I doing?

I'm going to take my best friends advice and take baby steps. That's always her advice (thanks Pam). I'm going to set one goal every day. Just one. That can't be too hard to fit in. Today it was plant those bulbs. And I just finished doing that. Tomorrow will be box up Emily's small clothes, and possibly Ben and Noah's too. Thursday will be post new stuff on Craigslist, etc. I can do it.

Then once I clear up all the cobwebs in my brain, I'm going to help in the kid's class and start going to the clubhouse to workout when Noah goes down for his nap. My fear is that this is not just because I have too much on my plate, but that I'm getting older. Is this the start of Senior moments?

I had a point to this whole post, but I can't remember. God help me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really sweet pic of you and baby #3. Hey do you think that might have anything to do with your subject? LOL! Just joking. I know that I added to your "to do" list yesterday. Sorry!
I personally think the more you have to do the more you can and do accomplish. ... and I know you are a very busy "young"lady. Looking at your genetics I believe you have a long time to go yet....before you start to lose it. Don't worry, just keep on doing what you do best, keeping a dozen balls juggling at the same time. ☺
Love,
G

Linda said...

I think you're doing a wonderful job! I will say though that even though I only have one teenager at my house (well, sometimes - many more teens than that, but one of my OWN), I often feel like you do -very overwhelmed, because I do so much. Every Birthday, Anniversary, Holiday - it's me the planner, focusing on the tiniest details, and making all of the food. It takes a lot out of me and then I have to worry about my parents next door, did I pay enough attention to them this week, and is Sarah keeping up with school work and staying out of trouble in other things...... I wake up like you mentioned and worry too. So, I understand where you're coming from. Whether one kid or three, it's the same for all Moms I believe.

Hope you have a good remainder of the week, doing one task at a time. And.... I hope that you two celebrate your Anniversary. I believe those days are very important. Even my parents, married 49 years, still celebrate. ♥♥♥

Love, Linda