Monday, November 14, 2011

Sick

It's been a rough few days for us. The boys are sick.

Yesterday, David took Noah to urgent care. He coughed all night and it sounded like it was settling in his lungs. He's had so many ear infections and bronchitis that we don't like to take the wait and see approach. He just had the onset of infection, so hopefully, he'll kick it quickly. He's been on an antibiotic for a day and he's already feeling better. Hence the blurry picture, he wouldn't sit still.
Photobucket
Ben's ears were hurting all weekend. Ben never complains so when he shows up at my bedside at 2:30 crying, I know it's serious. But the pain kept coming and going. Mainly coming in the middle of the night. Why does it always work like that. He's slept with me for the past 3 nights. He slept. I listened to him cough all night.

I took him to the doctor today to rule out an ear infection. He's never had one, and he still doesn't have one. It was just build up from a cold and pressure in his ears. I had him take a shower this morning since his eyes were all matted and his nose all crusty. I turn on the electric blanket, so when they get out of the shower, they dry off and hop under the warm blanket. Nice, right. I spoil them. But, when my boys eyes look like this, I'll do whatever I can to make him feel better.
Photobucket
Fresh out of the bath tonight and all 3 kids are sitting under the electric blanket watching Tom & Jerry.
Photobucket
They all love Tom & Jerry. There is very little talking, poor animation (well, compared to today) and the kids think it's the funniest thing ever. They have good taste.

Here's hoping tomorrow runs smoother and that I send 2 kids off to school.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry for the illness! :( I loved your next to last sentence about Tom & Jerry. So funny.

Hope everything there is doing entirely better today!

Love, Linda

P.S. How did the pumpkin cake work?

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh! Well glad to know that Ben did not have an ear infection, and that Noah is on the mend. It is terrible when kids are sick, especially when they can't exactly tell you what doesn't feel right. Both of your little men looked kinda punky for sure. Hope Em doesn't catch it. ☺
Love,
G.