Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust and It's About Time

Let me recap my week.

Noah went to Urgent Care on Sunday. He's on an antibiotic.

Ben stayed home from school on Monday and went to the Doctor. He's doing much better.

Emily is staying home from school today. I picked her up yesterday and as soon as I saw her, she burst into tears. She said her head and throat hurt. I don't know why she didn't go to the nurse, but she didn't. By the time we got home, I knew she had a fever. 101.5. She was bound to be the next to get sick. Let's hope David and I don't get it.

My girl is a Daddy's girl and she hates to sleep alone. She'll sneak into anybody's room in the middle of the night to sleep with them. We found her on the dog bed in our room one night. So being sick is just another excuse to sleep with her Dad. But I read somewhere that being loved on by your parents is better then medicine when a child is sick. I believe that. David slept with her last night.

Not only did she get a fever in the middle of the night. The best thing ever happened. She lost tooth number 6! The jacked up chipped one in front.
Photobucket
When she was 2, she was playing with the water dispenser in front of the fridge. She missed the cup and water went on the tile. She slipped and fell and chipped her front tooth. Since then, I've always had a rug in front of the fridge. I've been waiting for that tooth to fall out for 5 years. It's about time! The Tooth Fairy is going to give her extra for this one.

And since we are on the topic of my girl, I have to share this little exchange between her and David the other day.
David: "Emily, why do you always want to sleep with Daddy?"
Emily: "Because I like you. No, I love you."

How sweet is that?

1 comment:

Linda said...

That is sweet. :)

We were meanies, no kids in the bed, but sometimes I'd linger longer with Sarah in hers. Still now sometimes, I want to cuddle, but those days are really done and that's kind of sad occasionally.

Hope everyone is feeling better very soon. Usually in our house, I might get sick, but then I'm the only one and Sarah and Jim will be fine. Funny how it affects us all differently.