Saturday, November 19, 2011

Headed for Broadway

Emily and Ben have been taking drama class for several months. They both love it. The place where they take drama has dance, piano, and singing classes. Last night was a big recital. It was held at Embry Riddle University. So, it was nice that they were on a real stage.

We got there early as the drama kids needed to rehearse the play one more time. Ben and Emily were trying to pass the time waiting.
Photobucket
The play is about a girl named Carol who is upset that she is poor and has to live with her parents in her Aunt's apartment. Then, Merry comes to give her a glimpse of how lonely the rich girl's (who Carol is envious of) life is because her parents are always working. Emily and Ben are homeless kids at the food bank.

Act 3, Scene 1 ~ Their big moment.
Photobucket

I think Ben was more interested in the table full of rolls behind him. He must have been hungry.

Their other scene was singing Rudolph. The video is a little all over the place. I was taking pictures at the same time.
Photobucket


We are so proud of them. They both did a great job.
Photobucket
Bravo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute. You must have been so proud.♥
I thought Ben might be a bit more theatrical than he was , imagine checking out the food and then jumping up into that lady's tummy. Too cute. Thank you so much for sharing. Wish I could have been there, I can't get the grin off my face just imagining the whole scene.
Tell the theater students E and B to get their act together for when Grammie comes out. ☺
Love,
G.

Pam said...

Awesome! Way to go Em and Ben!

Linda said...

That's GREAT!!! :D

Love, Linda