Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Fun

We are having a great summer and doing all the things that are required.

Like jumping in the pool with friends.


Hanging out in the hot tub with friends.


And doing the Nestea plunge.

Which sparked a huge debate poolside. David had never heard of falling backwards being called the nestea plunge. The older kids at the pool were calling it fallback. No, no, no...it's the nestea plunge. David thought I was crazy. And I started to think that maybe it was just something us kids on Paradise Drive made up. I specifically remembered the nestea plunge commercials. And then a man stopped texting on his cell phone to confirm that it is known as the nestea plunge. A You Tube search confirmed it.

Apparently, Nestea didn't show these commercials in Canada, so my husband missed out. Now, Nestea needs to put these commercials out there again, so kids today stop calling it fallback, and start calling it what it is...the Nestea Plunge!

And we've been having Emily's friend over to play before they move in a few weeks.


We went to the library today for a puppet show. My kids are always a little freaked out by puppets. And this character, The Moon Man, didn't help.

Emily: Is there a person in there?
Me: Yes, those are her legs.
Emily: So, she has a really skinny neck?
Me: laughing...no, she's behind the cloth.
Emily: Oh, so they found someone with no head?

Then, the actual puppet show began. And it was about a little girl and her dream.

When it was over, Ben asked where the puppets were. Um, we've been watching them for the past 20 minutes. I think he thought they were all real.

I don't think my kids will be puppeteers.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry, I never heard of the Nestea Plunge, lol. Though honestly, since I don't actually swim, I won't be plunging in backwards or forwards for that matter, lol. It's a big deal at our house when I actually put on a swim mask and go under the water. Woo hoo. :D

The Moon Man would creep me out too. Can't say that I have ever really like puppets, other than those puppet-like characters in the Rankin-Bass holiday television specials.

Fun summer times! It's already going by too fast.

Sarah said...

If you watched tv in the 80's, you have to know what the nestea plunge is. I'm with you.