Thursday, June 10, 2010

Their Favorite Things

Emily's new favorite thing to do is carry Noah around. We only let her do this on the carpet. At least it will cushion the fall if she drops him. He seems to enjoy it.



Then, they lay together on the recliner.

**************
Noah watched the season finale of Glee with me.

What did he think? Look at that smile! He's a total GLEEK!

**************
I used to hate when my parents would call me by my brother or sisters name. It made me feel like an after thought. Then, I had my own kids and I realize it's something all parents do, maybe it's age mixed with too much responsibility. I even sometimes call Noah by the dogs name. I can't help it. Today was the best though. I just combined their names. And Ben and Emily became Bemily.

So, Bemily wanted to play birthday party. Ben was laying in bed waiting for a present and Emily came out and told me she had to find a present for Ben. I had just found this Batman toy that Santa bought and hid a little too well. I'm also missing some gloves that he got for Emily. Hopefully, they'll turn up by this Christmas. I must make a list where I hide stuff. I thought about taking the Batman toy back, but 6 months have gone by and it was still there. Emily couldn't wait to give it to him. So, she put it in a bag with tissue paper and everything. He was very excited.



She even made him a card to tell him Merry Christmas.


This will be his new favorite Batman for the next month.

*************
Emily likes to take my camera and go to town. She's actually pretty good.

This is Team Umizoomi. It's their new favorite TV show on Nick. I told Em that they could be Team Umizoomi for Halloween. Noah could be the robot in the middle.


Can you see the love in his eyes? Only for his sister, his favorite person.


Self portraits.



Ben with his new Batman, of course.


I spared you the other 94 pictures of the floor and ceiling.

2 comments:

Linda said...

So many things to take in through this post!

First of all - Yea! Noah's a GLEEK!!! He's soooo smart! What an awesome finale' it was! :)

With only my one, thankfully I don't have the issue with names for Sarah, LOL (if I did - you might be worried), though I have pet names for her - "Sweet Pea" and "Dolly". Jim, on the other hand, has been occasionally known to mix up the names of his daughters (yes, you have Jim - I have heard you), where he's called Sarah "Jenny" or "Laura" and vice versa. But I have a new one for you... My Dad used to call me "Jim" by mistake. Jim was his boss's name at the U of I, Paint Shop, and also a friend of his. After a long day at work, he would be telling us a story of his day over the dinner table, and in his excitement, call me "Jim" by mistake. Isn't it funny then that I eventually married a Jim?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Noah with Emily. You can certainly see the love in both their faces. So cute her making the card for Ben and getting a present for him. Sometimes she is so darn cute. Grampie of course loved all the pics. He doesn't read the blog I just tell him the story you've written about and he looks at the pictures and makes his typical comments, taking full credit for all that is good and beautiful in your children and ignores the stubborn or negative little quirks they might exhibit from time to time. Thank goodness for you he doesn't live closer.☺
Those new teeth coming in will no doubt change little Noahs whole attitude towards everything. It looks to me like he may skip the crawling stage and go right to dancing with his big sis.
Have a great weekend.☼
Love,
G.