Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Size Doesn't Matter, Sleep And It Clicked

When we lived in Phoenix, there was no such thing as summer and winter clothes. Your summer clothes became winter clothes when you added a light jacket or instead of flip flops, you put on socks and boots.

But up here, I have to change out clothes to suit the season. Every summer, I pull out Bens shorts from the year before and have him try them on. I am still baffled by this pair of shorts that he can put on without even unbuttoning them.

The are size 18-24 months. Ben is 4 1/2. I know he's a little on the thin side and he's always a little above average for height, so I have no idea how these shorts have fit him for 4 years.

Just for fun, I tried them on Noah, who is technically 8 months old. They fit fine in the waist, but looked more like capri pants than shorts.

I wonder if next summer, they will share this pair of shorts. At least we got our money's worth.

*****************
Emily has been enjoying sleeping in and I've realized that she needs 12 hours of sleep a night. During the school year, she was lucky to get 11. It was normally around 10 1/2. I'll have to remember this for next year and start putting her to bed by 7:30. She still sucks her thumb. A habit, we broke last year when Thumbelina came to visit. Then, 5 months later I went in the hospital to have Noah and her little world was rocked and she got reacquainted with her best friend, her thumb.


**************
These days if a kid can't start up a computer, go to their favorite web page and send an e-mail by four years old, it's pretty unusual. Up until recently, we only had one computer, so Emily would run it and Ben would sit in the chair with her happy to watch. He had no desire to learn how to use a mouse. I was getting a little concerned. Plus, it's good for his fine motor skills as he also doesn't hold a pencil properly. I think he is a little ambidextrous because if I put the fork on the left side of his plate, he will just start using his left hand to eat. I started working with him about a month ago and within a few days, he had it mastered. Now, I can't get him off of the computer. He's even on it with no pants on. Nice.


He loves all the basic kid sites, but our friend recommended one called starfall. It is wonderful for learning letters and makes it fun. Ben will say, "let me play on PBS Kids for 5 minutes and then I will learn my letters."

And that's fine with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been making comments for awhile , I've been really tired this week. Too much free time while I was away I guess. Also we started working 10 hour days which is really 10 and 1/2 hour days. But, I have been keeping up with all your news. I will miss it when you go away next week. Maybe you can do one or two updates from your vacation spot!
It's nice knowing on a daily basis all that is going on . I can't imagine that Ben and Noah could be possibly wearing the same clothes. Amazing. ☺
Glad to see Ben finally caught on to the computer. Good thing you now have 3 computers set up for all to use. ☼
Love,
G.

amyraye said...

my boys wear the same shorts every time summer rolls around, too. only seems to work with boys, though.