Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Sweetie's Birthday

Today is David's birthday. He's 39. We always have a big party for the kids. But, for us, it's pretty low key. Presents are always minimal. If we want something, we buy it. Need clothes, we get them. Want some music, we download it. Neither of us live excessively, but whatever we need or want, we buy. But, it makes gift giving difficult for birthdays and other special occasions.

This morning the kids gave him a present that they picked out at the dollar store. Four squishy balls for the pool.


And lots of kisses and hugs.



Then, I got David a gift certificate to get an 80 minute massage. But, on top of that, I had already scheduled the appointment for this morning. So, I told him to hop in the shower and go enjoy some time to himself to relax. I know he wasn't expecting that and I could see a little smile on his face.

While Dad was away getting some much needed R & R. We made him a cake. Chocolate of course, his favorite.



It was a perfect day for David. Overcast and a little rain, 60 degrees. In June, this is welcome and we always enjoy days like this. The kids thought Rocko might be cold.


Then, we frosted the cake and the kids put every candle that we owned on it.



David enjoyed his massage and came home ready to celebrate.


Wow! That almost set off the smoke alarms.


Noah wasn't so crazy about chocolate frosting.


I've known David for 8 years and he's always had the same haircut. I cut Ben and Emily's hair. I'll trim my own bangs. And David would never let me go near his hair. He was finally ready for a change and asked me to cut his hair like Ben's. Basically, I put on the 3/8" guard on the trimmers and go to town.

He had a hat on all day, so this isn't really a good before. But, this is the BEFORE.


And the AFTER.

He looks hot! Like George Clooney, but better.


And his favorite meal, I made him lasagna. It's in the oven right now.


I hope he enjoyed his special day.
You are the best sweetie. We love you.

Now what am I going to do for Father's Day next week?

6 comments:

pam said...

What a lovely birthday celebration! Happy birthday, David!

Stifanny Chandra said...

So sweet, the child make their own cake to daddy :)
And it looks delicious :P
And Happy birthday to your husband

*I'm blogwalking here *

Anonymous said...

Love David's new haircut...really suits him..I see he had a great birthday...good for him...Love to all...Auntie Barb

Anonymous said...

Ugs-now you really look like Daddy!

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

awww bless, it looks like the day went well....happy irthday to your husband

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to David!! Glad he had a wonderful day. The cake looked fantastic - should have hired you to make Sarah's Graduation cake, as you did a WAY better job than the "professionals" (that's another story, lol).

Nice photos and great job on the hair. I'm amazed that you cut his hair - Jim would never let me do that, and that's a wise decision.