Monday, November 16, 2009

A Door Closes

The rooms in our house have changed many times since we moved in over 2 years ago. I wrote about a few changes that happened last year here . This was before we were pregnant. Now things needed to change again.

When we bought our 4 bedroom house plus a den, we did not enclose the den. Sure we wanted doors, but at that sales meeting, the price just kept adding up with every upgrade. We decided doors on the den were optional. Then, we got pregnant. We have 4 rooms, but we need a guest room too. People come to stay a lot and we need to have that space for them.

My Dad and David took on the task this weekend of enclosing the den.




We are going to stain the wood around the door instead of paint it. It's so pretty, why paint over it.

The guest room used to look like this:


Suzy helped get it all set up, and now it is Noah's room.



I love this saying above Noah's crib. David's Auntie Barb sent it to us.


The guest room furniture got moved to the old den that now has a door on it.


And our formal living room became a den/play room.



We are getting a second computer as we all seem to want to be on at the same time.

I wonder how long this set up will last before we need to change it again. Although, I can't imagine what for. We certainly will not be having any more babies!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the saying above Noah's crib! Where ever did you find that?... so appropriate.The wooden panels are beautiful Yep those two men did a great job. I can hardly wait to see it ..soon.Thanks for giving me a sneak preview. ☼
Love,
G.

brownymama said...

Wow! You were busy this weekend. Looks great. I love the computers in with the toys too. Grown up toys and kid toys merge together. (;

pam said...

Looks great, friend! Your dad and David did a very nice job. Can't wait to see it and spend the night in the new guest room! Love ya!

Linda said...

It looks GREAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

My apologies, Gina, I was so busy checking out the pictures that I missed the line where you said the wall saying was a gift from Barb. Sorry, that will teach me to read more carefully. ♥
love.
G

Anonymous said...

Spiderman sure is handy with the dustbuster!!
--katie