Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Book

Now that Emily has completed her reading rainbow at school (letters, sounds, site words), her teacher is sending her home with a series of Scholastic early reader books. The instructions were she would get one a day. We were supposed to read it to her and then let her read. Emily picked up the book and read it the first time without any help. I'm so proud of my girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! I am so happy to hear and see Emily "READING" her first book. Tell her to practice because her Grammie wants to hear lots of reading when she gets out there.
Great job ,Emily.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

That's great!!

When they learn to read on their own... that's one of my favorite precious memories because it's just so amazing how it all falls into place.

pam said...

Excellent, reading! Way to go, Em! I can't wait for her to read to me next time I see her.