Sunday, November 1, 2009

Take Two

Halloween night was so much fun. The kids got all dressed up. Emily was Thumbelina and Ben decided on Buzz Lightyear. For much of the day, he said he wanted to be all of his superheros...Batman cape, Buzz outfit, Spiderman hat, etc. I'm glad he picked one in the end.


Noah was Tigger. This was a 0-3 month outfit and obviously huge on him, but he looked cute.


I dressed up as an overtired, overworked stay at home mom...oh wait, that's what I am everyday.


We met up with a group of our friends and went trick or treating together. It's always more fun for the kids to go with each other. It's also more fun for us parents to be able to chat the whole time.


We were out for almost 2 hours. The kids were totally exhausted but they were troopers. We had bought 2 big bags of candy from Costco to hand out. My Dad and his wife usually come up and hand out candy while we take the kids out. This year, they didn't come because Suzy wasn't feeling great. So, we put out 3 bowls of candy with a note to take 2 pieces. This is what was left when we got home.


The funny thing is the 6 pieces of candy left in the bowl were not any candies that we originally had. I'm thinking kids thought of it as an exchange system. Take 3 laffy taffies and leave 3 tootsie rolls. At least they were creative.

The night ended with me tucking the kids in bed while David fed Noah. Emily's last words of the night were, "my belly hurts". Isn't that how it should be after eating too much candy on Halloween night?

What did you do for Halloween?

4 comments:

pam said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. The kids look adorable, of course. I went out with the Rampley boys. I'm sure their tummies felt just like Emily's.

Linda said...

Loved reading about your Halloween and seeing the great photos. :-)

Sarah said...

looks like you had the pre-teen/teen crowd visit your house.

cute kiddos!

Lindsay said...

THe kiddos look adorable! I love the pic of you and the 3....yes 3....kids! You look beautiful!!!! Thanks for the laugh about the candy too.