He looks innocent enough. And he is. Except the kid hates underwear. I put some on him every morning and the first time he goes to the restroom, this is what I find.
I can either run after him 7 times a day and dress him again or just let him be. He tells me, "I don't like underwear"! I thought maybe he just isn't a brief guy. So, I bought boxers briefs with transformers on them. He still won't wear them. I know I need to pick and choose my battles and this is one that I'm not going to fight. The only time I draw the line and insist on underwear is when he goes to gymnastics. I found out too late that he went commando to gymnastics a few weeks ago.
I'm hoping it's just a phase. Have your kids ever boycotted underwear?
2 comments:
Can't say that she has but that's all I'll say on that subject, lol.
She was ready to move from diapers to underwear well before age 2, so I just told her - look - we're changing to panties (no pull ups). She never had an accident and never went back. That was my experience, but she's one of a kind, as Ben is also apparently, lol. Have fun. :-)
P.S. Sarah did insist on wearing her Hello Kitty belly top every single day of Kindergarten it seems - I stressed over it, and we got through it. I saved the shirt, because as she insisted, it was one of her favorites. No, really?
my [5 y.o.] son doesn't like underwear either. he doesn't leave them out in the open though; he hides them behind the toilet. i'm like you: it's not worth the battlee...unless he's going to gymnastics (or- in my case- wearing leotards for dress-up). then underwear is non-negotiable.
i'm a spotty blog reader, but whenever i pop over to yours, it makes me laugh.
Post a Comment