Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!

This picture is probably the funniest thing you will see all day. Seriously, you laughed right? Look at my face. If you didn't at least chuckle, call the doctor and get some Prozac. I can't stop laughing. This confirms it. I'm a total dork.

We are preparing for our first snowfall of the winter. Snow is on the forecast almost every day for the next week. I know, I know, Aunt Linda in Chicago and Amy in Maine are laughing at me. But for us desert rats, this is exciting!

This year, we are going sledding! We have a great park next to us that has a mighty hill. It's big enough to have fun, but not so big that we dread walking up it. We are going to go down (and up) that hill a few hundred times this winter.

My great friend Dakri (like strawberry daiquiri) loaned us all of her sons winter clothes that he has outgrown. There is a pair of black bibs for Ben and Emily. So cute! And even cuter since I'm not out $50 buying them something that we will only use a handful of times and won't fit next year. When I saw the black bibs for the kids, I got to thinking about the pair of black bibs that I used to wear. You know, before kids, before the dreaded 10 pounds that I can't seem (or don't care) to lose.

I hesitantly opened the guest room closet. There they were. Staring at me. I peak inside to take a look at the tag. Why set myself up for certain doom? I had cut the tag off. I looked at them thinking surely my ass won't fit in them.

It did!

Oh, happy day!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I wish my baggage was only 10 lbs!!! Last year I lost 15 only to freeze all winter long (and gain it back). Hooray for you!!

Anonymous said...

Still crying from laughter...:)
Katie

Anonymous said...

That was indeed a good laugh! Love ya Gina!

Sarah said...

Impressive jump. Have fun in the snow. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

You are a NUT and that's why I love you! Thanks for making me smile/laugh first thing in the morning! I will have that image in my head all day!

janis said...

Very Funny! But, I am not going to go try my bibs on! 1st the are a very 80's turquoise, 2nd my thin 18 yr old daughter wears them (she thinks they are hysterical, but functional, likes to make her friends laugh). I am sure I would look like a sausage IF I got them on!
Janis Gonzalez

Lindsay said...

You crack me up! Both Matt and I read this and laughed. ;) Girl you got the jump thing going on! I don't think I could do that...especially in bibs. I think those things- bibs were always tight on me!!! I sure hope we get to see you and some snow too! So fun!