The kids wear their pajamas (some parents do too). The elves serve cocoa and cookies. They tell the Polar Express story (next time I'll bring a copy to follow along).
Ben was not feeling great, a bit of a head cold. Although, he would've had the same expression even if he were super excited.
The train pulls up to the North Pole and Santa is waving to everyone on his sled with his reindeer. The train goes back and Santa is gone!
While waiting for Santa to come through our train, we sang Christmas carols. David was really enjoying this part.
After some chanting, Santa showed up.
He gives each kid a bell just like in the movie.
On the way back to the depot, Emily learned the art of breathing hard on a window and writing her name.
We had a great time and we'll definitely make this a tradition for the next several years. That night as she was brushing her teeth, Emily told said, "You know that show tonight? It was the greatest show in the whole wide world."
And it was.
4 comments:
Thanks Gina, I loved it.The videos were great and made me feel just like I was there as well.
Love,
GG
Love the story, photos and the videos made me smile. What a great event!
I'm so glad you had such a great time. Emily's reaction to Santa was classic!
It looks like so much fun! Great idea to make it a family tradition! We might be doing that too. I am hoping the train goes as well for us as it did for you. I have a feeling there might be some tears though cause Victoria keeps saying that she doesn't want to go on a train because they are scary. That doesn't include Santa who she has been terrified of every year.
It looks like so much fun though!!!! Thanks for sharing your experience and the idea of taking along the book. We will be doing that. I will let you know how it goes.
Post a Comment