Here's Ben & David before the party. Ben thinks this party is #1.
I spiked up Ben's hair and it just cracked me up. It's so cute. Emily looked adorable in her party dress.
Here is the moose above the fireplace. My Uncle John did not kill it.
Now, this is worthy of "Oh, Christmas Tree!" Wow!
Emily being cute on the stairs.
This was an original Bob's Big Boy. They were a popular hamburger joint out here. I guess not that popular since they closed years ago.
Ben in an antique plane.
My Aunt lives 25 minutes from our house, but it's almost 900 feet higher in elevation. She got blasted with snow last week in the storm. I know where to take the kids next time we get jipped. There was still lots of snow left on the ground after 4 days! David and the other kids had a huge snow ball fight. He was throwing them hard. He was like a 37 year old kid. The other kids were 9 and 5, and he was sneaking up on them and pegging them with snow balls. It was actually fun to watch. I love the picture of the kids in the snow. Notice the prickly pear cactus behind Ben. Snow and cactus...go figure.
The kids put on a concert for us. They were singing all sorts of Christmas carols. It was cute. Yes, Emily has chocolate across her mouth. It was after dessert.
It was a wonderful party. I grew up with this family, so it always feels like home being around them. They actually aren't really my Aunt and Uncle. My mom and my Aunt Cathy have been best friends since they were 6. I guess that makes her as close to an Aunt as if she were blood related.
We were driving home and I was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Such a great weekend. We are truly blessed.
Then, we got home...
I'll save that for the next post as Emily is begging me to get off the computer.
2 comments:
I love Ben's new do , it really suits him now that he is so grown up and going diaper free and all..I hope you guys have a great Christmas and get all the snow that we have so you'll be able to play in -18 degree and wind at 120klm an hour..Really enjoy your climate , it is so much better than ours..all this and we have to drive to Toronto tomorrow!!!Wish I was there..Love to all Auntie Barb
Ah, a cliffhanger! I guess we'll have to wait. I love Em's dress, by the way.
Post a Comment