Thursday, December 4, 2008

A New Pack

Emily loves to color. She has crayons, colored pencils and markers which are almost all dried out because she won't put the caps back on and I refuse to do it. When Grammie was here, they sat down at the table to color some Thanksgiving pictures. Grammie was looking for a purple crayon. We have a container that has about 100 crayons, but do you believe not one was purple? Then, I got to really looking at them. The majority of the crayons were blue, green, red and yellow and they said "Olive Garden" or "Red Robin" on the side.

I was at the store the other day and I picked her up a brand new pack of 96 Crayola's with the sharpener built in. I was saving it for Christmas. Today she wanted to color and I couldn't even find the crayon container. I caved. She was so thrilled to see all the colors. I felt like I was depriving her of the joy of knowing colors like vivid tangerine and robin's egg blue.

I imagine she'll live.


Choices, choices, choices...


We all remember the smell of a new box of Crayola's. Emily is just like her Dad and smells everything. It was the first thing she did when she took one out of the box.


I told her how special these new crayons are and that we need to take care of them. I walked in 10 minutes later and steel blue metallic was broken in the pencil sharpener and she tried to put 20 crayons in a box that clearly only holds 16.

Maybe I should've just went to Olive Garden again.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Amanda smells everything too...and is constantly asking me to smell stuff! Have you seen the crayangles in restaurants yet? They are triangle, so they don't roll. Genius!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Now Gina, you already know Olive Garden doesn't have purple!
The smell makes the difference, I guess. It's amazing that David still smells everything before he tries it. Wonder what he'll do when his smeller goes??
Glad to see Emily is finishing up her pics. We didn't really color that many while I was there. LOL!
But just think of all the new colors she'll discover with her new box of colors. :)
Love,
Grammie G.

Linda said...

Ahh ~ Crayons!! We don't color much anymore, except on an occasional 7th grade project poster. And yes ~ the smell of crayons is one of those nostalgic memories.