Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Sixth Little Candle

Last night was Ben's Christmas Program with his preschool. I could've sworn we were just there last month for Emily's Christmas Program. How can that have been two years ago? So much has changed in two years. My hair was short, Noah wasn't even conceived yet and Emily and Ben still look like babies. Sometimes I look at my kids and think, "I have kids! How and when did that happen?" It still surprises me sometimes. And one day, I'll look at my empty house and think, "Where are my kids? How and where did the last 20 years go?"

In the meantime, I have right now. And I need to remind myself not to get too wrapped up in the craziness and enjoy the right now.

Last night, Ben got all dressed up for his starring role as a candle. He looked so handsome in his shirt and tie.



This is his best friend Caleb.

He's walking down the aisle to the stage. He kept playing with his tie.

And here he is saying his line as the sixth little candle, "Light me now to celebrate!"

And here's the video which almost didn't happen. We had a video malfunction and didn't get it on tape. I was upset. But this morning, Caleb's Mom let me borrow her tape and I videoed the video. I'm thrilled to have gotten a copy.

And his big finish of holding the flame on his head. Perfect.

He did great. We are so proud of him.

Then, Santa showed up. The same Santa from yesterday. He's busy in these parts this time of year. Emily was excited since she missed out on it yesterday.

Ben was getting bored listening to her tell him that she wants a doll.

And Noah didn't even flinch when we put him on Santa's lap.

It was a great evening and when I'm back at this same performance in three years for Noah, I'm sure I'll still be wondering where the time went. And in the meantime, I'm going to soak up all the goodness that is in each and every day.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm cracking up at the expression on Santa's face! :D Was he grouchy? lol

Loved the photos and video and how precious. :)

pam said...

Ben looks so handsome in his shirt and tie! Very cute pics. Can't wait to see everyone in person in a few short days!!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great pics with the new camera , Gina. Ben does look so cute with his shirt and tie. Grampie says he is the cutest and best dressed kid there.Of course he might be prejudiced just a little... Was he nervous to say his part? I really couldn't understand what he said so thanks for the translation.☺ I usually find Ben speaks very clearly so that is why I thought maybe he was nervous.
You look fabulous in your new adornment. Of course your father in law thought that as well.
Can't wait to see you all next week, in the meantime pics are great . Looking back on Emily's program 2 years ago you can really see how they have grown and at the same time I agree it seems like only a few months ago. Especially when I do my show I am always looking back in time a year and that really gives me a shock, to see what a difference a year makes. I am not sure if David let you know I managed to get my two shows ( a few months overdue) finally recorded on DVD. So I'll have those with me when I come . ☼
Love,
G.
PS Today would be Grammie's 93 birthday.♥