I was waiting for Emily at the front door. She didn't even make it up the walk and she burst into tears. She said she didn't feel well the entire day. My poor little lamb. She's always afraid to raise her hand and go to the nurse. She also said she didn't want to mess up her perfect attendance. Oh brother. She sat on the sofa and played on the laptop for hours. She has a cold and bad cough and she said her stomach hurt. She asked for chicken noodle soup.
I got right to work chopping and dicing. If someone would've told me 6 yeas ago that I'd be able to whip up a great chicken noodle soup on the cuff, I would've laughed. Seriously before I met David, my dinner 5 nights a week was bean burrito dish. Refried beans heated up with cheese and salsa on top and tortilla chips to scoop it up. No wonder I was a size 4. David didn't fall in love with me for my cooking ability that's for sure!
Anyway, I made her soup with extra noodles just how she likes it.
And by dinner time, she wanted pasta like the rest of us. Whatever!
But my soup will not go to waste. She'll eat it today as she spiked a fever last night of 101. Today she seems just fine, but the school rule is 24 hours fever free. She looks like she is really hurting right?
So, I'm left to take care of three kids who all have a runny nose and cough. Luckily nobody else has gotten a fever.
It's 67 steps from my computer chair to the tissue box to wipe Noah's nose to the trash can and back to the computer chair. I've done it 11 times already. It's 9:30 and I've already clocked 737 steps just wipping his nose. I'll be a size 4 again in no time.
So, it's a Christmas movie marathon that started with Charlie Brown and we are now on to Rudolph. Next is Frosty and the Grinch, both versions.
I e-mailed David and asked him to bring home some Calgon on his way home from work. To which he replied, he'll be home early and if I need something stronger than Calgon to just let him know.
God, I love that man.
3 comments:
Yea, I think it's going to take something way strong than Calgon for me. Like you, it's been such a stressful day - I'm sitting here crying inside my private office. Thank god for the privacy, and I only have one rambunctious kid to care for.
They have a cough huh? Hopefully it's not the one that's been going around here - everyone is getting it and in most cases, the doctors are saying "viral" - so just have to wait. I'm still waiting on my voice - one week now with laryngitis, debating whether to go back to the doctor or not.
Well... sorry for the novel-length comment. Hope your kids are better and enjoy your bubble bath. ♥
Bless her heart she didn't want to raise her little hand...that is sweet.
After that many paces for runny noses, you just taught me that a runny nose meant MOMMY does all the running!
Hope all is well!
Well it's a new day and I'm hoping things are better in your part of the country. They say Chicken soup is good for all that ails you, so let's hope it worked. It looked delicious.
Hope you got some reprieve when daddy arrived home. Guess there was no karate last night.☺
Hope the kids are all feeling better for the weekend. ☼
Love,
G.
Post a Comment