Now on to his next hankering...he's been requesting one of those Libby's Pumpkin Rolls since Thanksgiving. I've never made a pumpkin roll before. It looks really complicated. I don't bake. I barely cook. I was completely intimidated by the cute picture on the side of the pumpkin can.
Today was the first day of winter break. I needed to do something with the kids. Noah is teething and driving us all crazy being Mr. Fussy Butts. While he was taking a much needed nap (I needed it more than he did), I decided to bake with the kids. Pumpkin roll here we come!
I had done some preparation for this. I watched several videos on you tube. The best being this one from very best baker. Once you get past the fact that her voice and lips moving don't match, it really is very informative. The kids and I got to work.
In the back of my mind, I kept thinking that it was going to crack and I'd have a heap of cake with some frosting on it by the time David got home. But, it didn't crack and it worked out perfectly. It was actually pretty easy. The hardest part was waiting for it to cool and set up in the fridge. I did half with nuts and half without.
But oh the payoff...seriously, I don't know if I've ever tasted a dessert so delicious.
If you have never tried it, you must.
The recipe is here.
It is heaven.
I'm not even kidding...whoever is the hostess at the pearly gates should offer people pumpkin rolls. It is that good.
8 comments:
You never fail to crack me up! I'll have to try it! See you at Zumba in 2 weeks! (:
Those type of things have always scared me just a bit! I'm pretty sure I'd make a mess of it!
Yours looks AWESOME! Brave girl!
That looks GREAT, but we really love my brown-sugar Meatloaf - it's a favorite of ours! :)
Love how Emily changed into a Spiderman outfit half way through. Ben is really rubbing off on her.
So, does this mean you are bringing one of those lovely rolls to the Christmas Eve Party?!
Love ya! Suzy
ps..never under estimate yourself. I have never seen you fail at anything!
wow Nice post, visit my blog ^_^ http://redavocado.blogspot.com/
HAHAHA, i'm from brazil. Found your blog accidentaly, i'm only 13 but am laughing a lot...
and i'm really sorry, but i don't speak english very wel..
but just loved your blog!
i'll be back soon to read more of your stories.
xoxo
just realized i wrote 'wel', i meant weLL.
and, it's missing and '' I '' before the am laughing... hehe
soooo sorry!
kiiisseeeess
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Post a Comment