Emily has yet to make another friend like Ellie. Sure, she has friends, but nobody that she clicked with like Ellie. Much to my surprise, the two girls are staying in touch. They send letters, draw pictures and talk on the phone. In this day and age, there really is no reason they can't stay friends. They can even skype. How fun is that? Totally cool.
Ellie's family came up here to visit some friends on Saturday, which meant Ellie and Emily got to have a playdate. Emily was so excited. She asked me every 10 minutes when Ellie would get here. She even sat in Ben's bedroom looking out the window for awhile waiting.
Then Ellie arrived. And they stared at each other for a few seconds.
Then they hugged and even though they hadn't seen each other in six months, it was like no time had passed.
They got right to playing.
I asked Ellie if she had made new friends.
She said, "Yes, but Emily is my best best friend."
And maybe just maybe, this friendship can last.
3 comments:
That is so sweet. It almost makes me want to cry or rather I should just say CRY. ( Not want to)They are so cute together, I really hope they can remain friends. You certainly know what it's like to have a long time best friend and I'm sure Emily would like to have one as well.My oldest friend goes back to age 10. Over the years we were in touch but lost touch for awhile and when Grammie died there she was at the funeral home with her 91 ( at that time) year old Mother. Amazing how easy it was to pick off where we left off more than 15 years before and more than 20 before that.I think we are just destined to keep in touch for the rest of our lives.
Go for it Emily. Enjoy any opportunity to you have to visit with Ellie. You may outgrow each other and then suddenly you may find her back in your life again. Gina, you are right it is so easy to keep contact with people now a days.
C U soon.☼
Love,
G.
This is so wonderful. :)
I also loved reading G.'s comments about her friend.
My oldest friend goes back to when I was in the third grade and she wasn't even in Kindergarten yet. That's Linda B., and obviously, as you've seen on the blog and fb, we are still friends to this day, though we lost touch for several years.
Sarah is still in touch with some of her Kindergarten friends, even though they've moved and for many years, they got together every once in a while, but it hasn't happened in a long time. Still, I think she might stay in touch with at least a few friends over the years, as I've done as she has those same sort of tendancies. ;)
Awwww. Such a sweet sweet story.
Post a Comment