You can tell that Ben is still half asleep in this picture.
Emily got a walking doll from Santa.
Now, he's coming alive...
Emily enjoyed opening all of Noah's gifts for him.
My girl was so sweet. I think she told me thank you about 10 times followed by a hug. I'm glad she was so happy with her new stuff. She got Grammie Gwynne a pen from Santa's workshop at school.
Noah climbing on a present to get a closer look at Iron Man. And Emily's behind climbing under the tree to fetch more presents.
At one point, Noah just laid down in all the wrapping paper like he'd had enough.
Ben said his favorite present was this web shooting toy. He was in heaven.
We spent about 4 hours, unwrapping, unclipping and putting together everything. We (the parents) were exhausted. And we still had a turkey dinner to make. Since Gwynne is visiting, we wanted to do something a little fancier. I was in charge of mashed potatoes. I gave some to Noah who liked them at first.
Then his hands got dirty. He hates dirty hands.
And that was the end of mashed potatoes.
The day was long but wonderful.
Today I spent 6 hours putting Christmas away. My house now looks clean and uncluttered and I'm ready to start the New Year!
1 comment:
Fun times for sure! :)
I only begin to put Christmas away little by little this week and all of it after New Years. Even that is early for me, since we normally always waited until Three Kings, in early January to do that. My parents still follow the Catholic tradition and they will have everything up until then.
But, I have to start small otherwise I get thoroughly depressed and even still.... it makes me sad. I really don't like this time between Christmas and New Years.... except - we're on vacation, so that's pretty darn good. :)
Post a Comment