I digress, I decided to purchase from one of the companies that they do business with as every $1 I spend is 1 sky mile. I do this every year. It's the one and only time I order from Avon. I like Avon, but I just don't usually buy anything from them. I guess I'm too cheap for shipping, but this time, I even had a free shipping code. Score. I ordered a beautiful compact with a rainbow of eyeshadows.

I like eyeshadow. It's one of the few make up choices that I play with. It's probably why when I was flown to the hospital with Noah, Emily helped David pack for me and she put 13 compacts of eyeshadow in my bag. She told David that I use them all and she's right. Of course, she failed to see that I also use a razor and tweezers on a daily basis. I would've traded 12 of those eyeshadows for tweezers and a razor in a heartbeat.
I have brown eyes, so according to Carmindy on TLC's What Not To Wear, I can get away with almost any color eyeshadow. I was so excited with my new Avon eyeshadows, I dove right into the blue. Now, I didn't get all crazy Farah Fawcett like, just some nice blue highlights on my lids.
I walked into the living room where Ben looked up and noticed my new color right away. He said, "Wowwwwwwww, you look like Toodee from Yo Gabba Gabba."
I immediately thought of this guy and thought I should go right back to sleep.

Then, Ben informed me that Toodee is the blue one. Strangely enough, I felt much better that I looked like this one.

Do you see the resemblance? We are kindred spirits I know it!
If you've never had the privilege of seeing Yo Gabba Gabba, here is a video clip.
Now, I know it sounds annoying, but Ben will literally talk to his food at night and ask his broccoli if it wants to go to the party in his tummy. Then, he promptly eats it. Whatever works, right?
Tomorrow, I'm going for green eyeshadow. I wonder if Ben will think I look like Shrek or Kermit the Frog.
Maybe I should just stick to browns.
3 comments:
OMG Gina, I just about had V8 shoot out of my nose as i was reading this blog and scrolled down to the character, you just kill me, you should be a writer!!!
Oh yes, I agree with your last commentor,( is there such a word?)you are too funny. But, I'm guessing that is your reality check; that little bit of humour keeps you happy in your everyday hectic or humdrum life.☺
I always get a kick out of Ben who sometimes lives in his own make believe world.. When I am there I hope to hear some of his quirky comments and be able to invite myself to the party...
Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Love,
G
Very funny. I like the blue shadow though, lol. :)
Post a Comment