I feel like I have gotten so much accomplished in a few days. I painted the shelves in the closet and got everything I could off the floor. It looks better even then when we first moved in. Those few days were such a whirlwind that stuff was everywhere. I don't think it has ever looked so organized. I was able to open the door all the way for the first time. There used to be a tote behind it.
Here's my side.
Here's David's side.
It took longer than expected as I ran across the box of all of our love letters from when we first met. David still writes me nice things, but it's fun to look back and read what we thought when life was just him and I.
Now, I need to clean out the dresser drawers. Or maybe I'll leave something for the spring!
4 comments:
Very nice! And I love the new look to your blog - you've accomplished so much and with two little ones around as well - amazing! Although I have to ask - where's all your clothes? My closet is packed full with my clothes and Jim's. Guess I have too much stuff, lol.
I did a serious clean out of my closet. I boxed up clothes that are my "skinny" clothes and I have a box of "fat" clothes. I'm 5'3, so if I gain or lose 10 pounds, I drop/add 2 sizes. I don't want to get rid of all those clothes just in case I gain or lose, but I don't want to stare at them and watch them get dusty. I made the mistake years ago of giving away about 5 huge bags of great clothes, JCREW, Ann Taylor, Gap. They were a size 10 and I got down to a 4. Now, I'm kicking myself because I'm a 10 again. I won't make that mistake again.
Also, I have a bunch of short sleeve shirts that didn't make the photo (they are behind the door). I group them together by season and put the ones I'm wearing front and center.
When I first met David, I also had my clothes color coordinated. Crazy I know.
Can you do my house next?
Ohh, I am so jealous! Nice work.
Post a Comment