Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Garage Down, Closet To Go

After I picked up Emily from preschool, I decided to tackle the garage. I was reorganizing a few boxes along the way and packing up Halloween decorations. Emily and Ben kept themselves occupied. They wrote on the floor with chalk. They played on bikes and sat in their power wheels. They also found a piece of styrofoam and decided to break it into a million little pieces.





They did this inside!


I cleaned up the winter wonderland and got back to work. The garage now looks like this and we still have lots of shelf space empty!



The entire left side is filled with Christmas decorations.


We can finally walk through again.


The Humane Society said they would take off Roxie's "growth". We still don't know if it was a fatty tumor or cyst. But our vet suggested to let them take it off since they will do it for free and these things can abscess and cause problems later. She has to wear this cone for 2 weeks and then the stitches come out. This is our poor girl. She is clumsily walking around the house hitting her cone on everything.


Time to tackle the closet. I will not post before pictures as it's too embarrasing, but the after will be pretty!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Poor Roxie! She's really had a traumatic time. I hope better days are ahead. Your garage is so neat and clean! Looks great. Our 1-car garage is about the size of the last photo that you featured - with large shelving units along the side of one wall, and more large shelving in the front and above in the attic. We're older than you - so we have even more STUFF. I keep threatening to throw everything away in a dumpster.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look to your site! gobble! gobble!

Lindsay said...

I love the new background. A few days ago I saw another one from the same site that I really like. I hope to update mine soon. You didn't have to pay anything for it right???
Go you for all the clean up! It looks awesome! I only wish ours looked like that!

Anonymous said...

Can you bring in HBO on Roxie?

Anonymous said...

Gina, I've read all your blogs for the last week and I am exhausted just thinking about all you do..I love the new background pictures and all the pictures..You are a busy girl and that is for sure..Old love letters eh! better not leave those just lying around I know your Mother in Law will soon be there for a visit:) Take a breather one of these days , and oh yes Music will always be in the ear of the beholder..Imagine my grandkids love that silly Max and ruby song and it absolutely puts me to sleep..Maybe it is the singing along that gets the best reaction.My kids used to hate me singing along because I always made up my own words, never being able to remember the original ones that actually are being sung. Anyway Girl keep going you are doing a great job at this blogging ..Love Auntie Barb