Thursday, November 13, 2008

It Pays To Watch TV

So, I'm watching Oprah yesterday as I do almost everyday. She has on this guy that is going around the country helping unsuspecting people get organized. It's rather entertaining. I guess I feel somewhat better about the state of my house when I see how some people are living.

The organizer guy had a brilliant idea. He took pictures of the kids art work and uploaded the pics to a photo site. Then, he had a photo book made of all their masterpieces. I completely plan on doing this when Emily finishes preschool. She makes about 2 new works of art daily. I don't have the room to store all that, so I can pick and choose my favorites and put them in a book. I can even include captions, like when she drew Granny (my Mom) the other day and put a cigarette in her mouth. She said, "That's Granny smoking a nasty cigarette." Things like that need to be captured and remebered for a lifetime.

Anyway, my point is that Oprah and Snapfish are teaming up for the next 24 hours and you can get a free photo book. They cost $29.99. You just have to pay the shipping and tax. I didn't want to do an art work book yet as I want Emily to finish the school year, so I can group all of that together. Instead, I made a book of our recent trip to California. It's a 20 page photo book and I included 91 pictures. I got it for only $7.54! It would've cost me $37.54. Now, that's awesome. I couldn't even print out that many pictures for that price, let alone put them in a wonderful book with cute captions and backgrounds.

The catch is that you have to go to the link within the next 24 hours. Once you sign up for snapfish or if you already have an account, you will have the credit in your shopping cart that will expire Sunday night. So, get the credit now and you have all weekend to put together an art book or photo book or whatever your little heart desires. This would also make a nice gift for the grandparents. Not, that I'm giving mine away to the grandparents (sorry Gwynne), but you know they love all those cheesy pictures of your kids.

Go here! http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20081029_tows_messyhouse/7

Snapfish was running a little slower than normal as I imagine all 50 gazillion Oprah watchers are getting a free book. It takes a little longer than usual, but it's worth it.

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is interesting. I'm not familiar with Snapfish but I signed up. Not sure if I'll actually have time to accomplish this weekend, but even so, I'll look into Snapfish a bit later then. Glad you got a great deal!

Anonymous said...

Gina, Thanks so much for sharing the info on the Snapfish deal. You know I have done these books before and now the opportunity to get one for free( or almost free) is more than welcomed. It will keep me busy for a few hours. Luckily I already had a project in mind and it was easy to get it organized in a short time.The best part for you is you don't have to receive yet another of those books from me. You get to choose your own pics this time and tell your own story. Ha!
Thanks again.
love,
Grammie Gwynne

brownymama said...

I've heard about this great deal. I'll have to try it today. But, on to the post below. Loved it!!! Every bit of it! The story is a beautiful one and I can still see how you two love eachother 5 years and two kids later. Happy Anniversiary to a fantastic couple!