We got married on the beach in St. Lucia in the Caribbean.
Just us.
Look at us...tan, skinny, well rested, ready to take on the world. As it turns out, our 2 kids are about as much as we can handle.
David and I actually met 6 years ago today. We were both on match.com. You know that Internet dating site. I had done Internet dating for over a year. It was like window shopping only way more fun than a new shirt! I hadn't met anybody interesting in a while. I decided to look for my "ideal" man. I put in my preferences. 5'9"-6'2", non smoker, social drinker, dark hair, dark eyes...etc. I figured I would shoot for the moon. Thank God I didn't stop my search at 6'1".
David was one of 10 guys that popped up. He was handsome, always a plus. When I read his profile, I thought we shared some common interests AND he could form a complete sentence without any grammatical errors. This is a very important thing. I hated when someone would just write in all lower caps. If you're too lazy to hit the shift key with your pinky, what else are you lazy about. I digress... I sent him an e-mail. It took him 2 days to write me back. I thought he wasn't interested. He claims he was busy at work. Whatever. I wrote him back. He wrote me back quicker this time. We talked on the phone. Then, we talked on the phone for hours. About 2 weeks later, we met for the first time.
It was a dinner date to Macaroni Grill. I let him pick me up. I know, I know, first rule in Internet dating, don't let them come to your house. We had spent hours on the phone for weeks and I felt I knew him pretty well. It wasn't a typical first date. "So, tell me what you do for a living?" We had already discussed all that on the phone. It felt like we were already friends. When I opened my front door, I think we were both pleasantly surprised. Sure, we had seen pictures, but nothing prepared me for the chemistry that I felt right away. We barely ate dinner that night as we were both so nervous. I laugh at that now.
We fell in love almost instantly. Days turned to weeks and weeks to months. David asked me to marry him on his birthday, 7 months after that first e-mail. We were married just 5 months after that.
When you know, you know.
Happy Anniversary Sweetheart.
Here's to 50 more!
7 comments:
LOVE IT!!! How brave of you both for taking on internet dating! I always told myself...it I don't meet someone in college, I'm screwed. Well, Andy and I met my last sememster...thank God!
You both look so happy, can't wait to meet him someday :-)
David and Gina
Happy Anniversary to you both. I remember David first talking about you Gina when you first met and I knew that was it from the beginning and this was going to be his wife. I am so happy for the both of you to ave built a wonderful life together and add two beautiful children to the mix. Enjoy your special day and continue the magic that is there!
Michele
Happy Anniversary!! As someone who also met her husband online (playing cards of all places), I commend you on your beautiful marriage and wish you a lifetime of continued blessings.
Love, Aunt Linda
What a beautiful tribute to the past five years! Not only did you complete each others lives, you've added so much to our lives as well.
Thank you for making David so happy and contented with his life;thank you for giving us two beautiful grandchildren and thank you for always welcoming us so readily into your lives. A special thank you personally for the hours and hours of viewing pleasure you have given me,(You know what I am referring to)and never once complaining about my nagging.You are the Best!
Enrique and I both love you and send you our best wishes for a wonderful anniversary.
See you soon.
love,
Gwynne
Congratulations. What a great story! Where were you married? It's gorgeous, as are the bride and groom!
Five years?!! How time flies! Seems like yesterday when I met David. We went for drinks and I found out he was from Canaydia, eh. Ha! (Yes, that's right. Canaydia. You had to be there).
Congrats to you both! May you have many more happy days (and nights) together!
Hugs!
What is there left to say but Happy Anniversary to both of you Love at first sight is so rare, I hope you keep falling in love each time you see each other for another 100 years..Love..Auntie Barb
Post a Comment