It was amazing until today, well yesterday, as it is 2:00 in the morning. I woke up on Saturday feeling like a had to puke and I had a headache from hell. No, I wasn't hung over from my Aunt's wedding. I only had one very small drink. I knew we had a full day of driving not to mention a hotel room, that looked like a tornado hit it, to pack up.
We got everything loaded in the car by noon. Not, quite the time we were hoping for, but it was what it was. I had puked 3 times at this point. Thank God for the little bucket we brought with us. It was the best $1 I ever spent at Target's bargain aisle. A little green trash can with a lid. A lid is very important. I had envisioned Ben's little army men in there. It is now officially a puke bucket.
I puked over 10 times on our way home. I couldn't keep anything down. I love my husband for many reasons. After being with him today, I love him even more.
My Dearest David,
You handed me a warm washcloth or baby wipe after every puking session.
You kept one hand on the wheel and the other rubbing my back while I vomited...again.
You knew to roll down the windows when the smell alone was enough to keep the bile coming up.
You drove over 7 1/2 hours today and never once complained that you were tired or sore or bored or about to puke watching me puke.
You took both kids to the bathroom twice while I stayed in the car in the fetal position with the air on high.
You made me hot tea when we got home.
You unpacked the entire tornado in the car.
You made the kids dinner.
You gave them a bath.
You brushed their teeth and put them to bed.
You rubbed my matted greasy hair and kissed my forehead and told me I'd be okay.
You're right. I will always be okay as long as I have you by my side.
I love you Sweetheart.
5 comments:
My poor friend!! I'm so sorry to hear this. But, you do have a wonderful husband who always has and always will take great care of you and your fam. I'll call you tomorrow when I get home. Can't wait to hear all about your trip and the wedding. Love you and get some rest!!!
Gina I hope you are feeling better...David you never cease to amaze me more and more of the man I knew you have always been...Your wife and children are very lucky to have you...Hope the trip was great!
Michele
I'm so sorry you were sick! What a beautiful testimony this post is though about what true love really is!!
Oh my goodness. I can not even imagine what you went through on that car ride home. Talk about miserable! That would be about one of the worst places to be that sick!!! You poor thing! I am so glad you felt loved and supported by David! I just feel so bad for you having to go through that!!!!
I can't wait to hear more about the good moments. ;)
Gina,
I am very sorry to hear of the way your great adventure ended.To be honest David has had previous experience in being in a car that someone was puking in..In fact my memory is not crystal clear but I think it was either he or Marc or maybe even Robbie that was the offender that day..We had 4 kids and 2 adults packed in a small car headed for Disney world in Florida, no air conditioning, and no wet naps or warm faceclothes and we all survived, so really I think David's previous life experiences are serving him well.David will have a better memory for who was actually sick that time, but I know it was bloodly uncomfortable for all the rest in the car as we had no bucket and no air and it was hotter than hell in Georgia that day..anyway long story to say I am glad that David has turned out to be such a great and human man and husband, I will say that his love for you inspires the best in him Gina. He knows he is a lucky man alright..Love Auntie Barb
Post a Comment