I'm going to break the trip down into little sections or this post would be 4 pages long. The first part was our trip to our hotel in Anaheim.
The kids did so well in the car. We stopped for an hour in Blythe and let them play in the play area at McDonalds. We got to our hotel in 7 hours and 15 minutes. Not bad.
We stayed at the Howard Johnson in Anaheim. It's within walking distance to Disney. I would highly, highly recommend this hotel. It was a great deal. The hotel pool was worth the stay alone. When we arrived at the hotel and Emily saw the pool and slides, she excitedly said, "Ahhhhh Disneyland!" Um, not quite, but I was happy she was happy.
Here's Emily going down the big slide.
Here's Ben. He didn't plan to be a daredevil and go down head first. He's just too light, so he flipped at one point and ended up that way. He didn't seem to mind.
The whole thing looks like this giant pirate ship. It drops 300 gallons of water every 10 minutes or so. The kids loved watching the water splash everywhere.
Here's Emily getting Ben with the water canon.
The pool area was so much fun. The kids could have done only this and been happy. There's still more to come...
4 comments:
Well if that is the start, I will say for the kids, it was a great way to get the vacation going.
Michele
This is great! What fun. Can't wait to see and read more.
Gina,
It looks like the kids had a blast and in return I'm sure you did too. I'm waiting for the disks :)and further episodes of the story.
love,
Grammie
I just read all 7 parts! What a fun trip you had! Love all the pics! You are such a great storyteller!
Dak
Post a Comment