Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's The Great Pumpkin

My friend Dakri calls last night to tell me It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is on TV. I remembered watching this on occasion, but to be honest, I didn't actually remember it well. David said the same thing. We decided to Tivo it and watch it together. The commercials ruin the experience when right at the height of the show in pops a McDonalds ad. Lame.

David got the kids in the bath early and we all sat on the sofa together to watch the show. The kids loved it. Ben was laughing so hard at Linus. I don't know what exactly was so funny, but he thought Linus was hysterical. His laughing made all of us laugh. I realized that I didn't remember it well as I thought the whole time that the Great Pumpkin was actually going to show up at the end. Instead, Linus got his butt chewed out and that was it. It was fun to watch though and the kids have already requested it this afternoon. They are laughing at it right now as I write this and that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Somehow I missed this post! I love the Great Pumpkin and we have it on VCR and Jim also made me a copy on DVD. Sarah, Jim and I watched it Thursday night. I remember it vividly, so perhaps you have to be over 40 for that to be the case.
;-) The Great Pumpkin, the Thanksgiving Peanuts, and the Christmas one are all classics that I remember watching year after year (just like the Wizard of Oz).