Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dress Rehearsal #17

We got the kids their Halloween costumes early. We are going on vacation in less than a week and I didn't want to come back the latter part of October to find picked through costumes left at the stores. Plus, lets face it, I'm efficient. I would never be caught the night before Halloween running around town looking for a Dorothy costume. We saw the costumes and we bought them. And it was a month early.

The only problem is now the kids want to wear the costumes every time they watch Wizard of Oz or when somebody new comes to visit. I don't really mind, but I also don't want them to rip or get stained or anything else before the big day. After the big day, go for it. Spill Kool Aid on Dorothy's blue gingham and see if I care. Well, that might be pushing it.

My Mom came up to visit for a few days. David had a conference in Phoenix and I did not want to be alone with no help for 2 nights. Mom to the rescue. Last night, the kids put on their costumes for my Mom and watched Wizard of Oz. Ben is getting his cackle down perfectly. He's the witch. We have the green face paint too, but we are saving that for Halloween. We're trying to convince Emily to sing, but she acts shy. Where did that come from?

Here are some photos of last nights dress rehearsal. Notice it was after bath time and they already had their PJ's on. I think they should have everything perfected come Halloween.






Here's some Trivia for you....we got used to watching movies with the subtitles on. Some of these action flicks get so loud and then so quiet that we'd miss parts of the dialogue. We love the subtitles. We watched Wizard of Oz and did you know that the munchkins sing, "We represent the lollipop guild" not the lollipop kids? I knew that (thanks Pam), but David and my Mom were surprised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad I could help!

Anonymous said...

All I can say about that is I hope they don't do the letter "D" in class before Halloween or I suspect Ms. Em will be taking Dorothy to class. :) Worse still is if they do "W" and Ben has to make an appearance for Show and Tell!
Too cute for sure.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

I love their costumes! Sarah was Dorothy one year as well... maybe I'll have to do a post about Halloween costumes from long ago, at some point. Remember the hot plastic masks of yesteryear?

:-)