The mystery plant has finally revealed it's identity. It is indeed a pumpkin. It doesn't look very big in the picture, but it's about the size of a basketball and it's starting to turn orange by the stem. I hope this process takes awhile or we will have a pumpkin in September. I don't think I will eat the pumpkin. I will have him fulfill his Halloween destiny and become a Jack-O-Lantern.
3 comments:
That's so cool! And your pumpkin looks so much better than any of ours! (It hasn't been a good year here for the patch) I can tell you though that pumpkins keep very well - if it's ready in September (as ours were past years), just keep it stored in a cool, dark place and it will still be good for Halloween. The pumpkins in the stores are actually harvested about a month or so before Halloween.
Does the fridge work or is that too cold?
Jim just alerted me that you had a question here. :-) No, the fridge would be too cold and it would rot.Someplace like a closet within the house. And, I'd leave it outside for as long as possible - Mid September would be best.
Post a Comment