Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Fun Filled Day

Some great friends from Phoenix have property in Sedona. Sedona is one of the most beautiful spots in Arizona. It's best known for it's red rock mountains. Literally, everything is red even the dirt. It's murder getting it out of clothes. Every summer our friends go blackberry picking around their property. Our schedule finally permitted and we were able to join them this year. These are wild blackberries that grow all over. We loaded up the kids on Saturday and headed to Sedona for our day of adventure. The blackberry picking was fantastic. The kids had a really good time. The bushes are covered in thorns, so Emily helped by holding the bag and Ben couldn't stop eating every berry within reach. He'd often get the red ones which weren't very ripe but he didn't seem to care. I realized that I had never picked anything growing in the wild and eaten it right off the bush. The berries are delicious and taste better than anything I've ever bought in the store. David and I imagined the first people that came across blackberry bushes. They must have been in heaven!

After picking berries, we enjoyed our picnic lunch. We all drove over to our friends property. Ben wanted to drive and since we were on an all dirt back road, we let both kids sit on our laps. We parked our cars and walked down to the creek. Of course, we stopped and snacked on more berries on our way down. The water was perfect to cool off after a hot afternoon.

We made our way home after a while and the day would not have been complete without a stop at Dairy Queen. It was a wonderful day. It was so nice to catch up with friends that we don't see very often and do something different. This will be a yearly trip that we will clear our schedule for next year. Here are some videos of berry picking and the creek.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the Galean family had a really nice time!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Wow what a nice day. The kids look like they had a ball as well as full tummies. But,of course everyone saved room for ice cream. What would any good day be without that final touch.:)
Love,
Grammie

Linda said...

What a great outing you had! I love the story, the photos and the fun videos. I got a kick out of watching the kids try the water.
:-)
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This looked like a fun filled day for all..Do they have bugs down there and are they as pesky as up here in the Maritimes..They do seem to take most of the fun out of being outside lately and then we are having a very rainy summer and the spiders are taking over our yard..but I would love to have spent the day with you guys and yes I too would have eaten all the berries I picked too!!! Go Ben! Love reading all your stories..I also think Grammie should start her own blog...Auntie Barb

Anonymous said...

They look nice. Can i suck the boys willy till he feels good then let him suck mine till he swallows my nice juices then on another day bum him then on another day have sex with the girl. Pleaseeee.