Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Crazy Afternoon

It was supposed to be a fun filled Sunday. We were going to a luau at our church in the afternoon. We spent the morning relaxing around the house. We got everyone ready for the luau and went to load up in the van. Our garage door wouldn't open. It was completely stuck. We tripped the manual lever and it still wouldn't move. What? We worked on it for about 15 minutes and could not get the door open. David and I were getting frustrated, so he suggested the kids and I go with my Mom in her car and he would stay and try to get the door opened. I didn't want to go without David, but I realized we were in the way more than we were helping. So off we went. We get to the church and they have some inflatables. Emily and Ben see the big water slide and can't wait to go on it. The line took more than 20 minutes. We get to the front and the lady says Ben is too short. Are you kidding me? So, Emily goes down and from the video you can see that she had a good time. She wanted to go again, but I wasn't about to wait another 20 minutes. Ben was crying because he wanted to go down. I felt so bad for him. That was a bust. We were going to try another inflatable obstacle house, but the line was even longer. Forget it. We went to the area that had some horses and games and the kids had a good time there. We also got a balloon airplane and dog made for us from a clown that freaked out Ben. We left after an hour.

David finally did manage to get the door manually open. It still won't work properly, but at least we can get our cars out. Luckily, we have a 5 year warranty on it, so hopefully, this won't turn into a headache. Somehow, it always seems to. This video is great. I love how she does a flip at the end. You can hear Ben saying he wants to try it. My poor little man.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm sorry you had a discouraging afternoon! I like the photos and video though. Hope that your garage door problem is fixed soon.