We've been talking about getting another cat for about a year. Basically, Rocko is 11 and for a golden retriever is pretty old. We know eventually, when he passes on, we won't have my Mom come up here for the short 2 or 3 day camping trips unless she wants to.. We can leave Rio for a few days and it will be fine. But, we thought when that time comes, it would be nice if he had a friend at home to keep him company.
I know it can be tricky to add cats to a household. My Aunt Linda is having a heck of a time. Rio is an adult male. He probably wouldn't take to another male cat. So, we knew our best bet would be a female kitten. About 9 months ago, our friends had a litter of kittens. She had a girl left. I messaged her on Facebook that I'd take her, but by the time she saw it, she had already found a home.
Then, she knew someone who had one girl kitty left. I messaged her friend, but her daughters were attached and wanted to keep her. So, we just let the idea go for now.
Then, our last 2 days in Canada, my friend messaged again. Her friend had more kittens and had a girl left. We got home Saturday night at midnight and about 12 hours later we were on our way to pick up a kitten.
Emily and Ben both knew about it, but I didn't want to tell Noah just in case something happened and it didn't work out. Here's the video when we brought kitty home. Noah's face is so cute.
Kitty was a little freaked out when we first got her. She was living in the barn and although they handled her a lot, she was still scared.
The first meeting with Rio didn't go well. Rio hissed. Kitty hissed. There was some not so great moments. But, they never fought. I was hoping for love at first sight. Mmmm, not so much.
But, the first night she came in bed with us and was just sweet as pie. She let everyone love on her. As you can see from Noah's face, he's in heaven.
Kitty loves to get around our neck and cuddle. She actual suckles on my neck or shirt. She was probably pulled too early. They said she was 7 weeks. Then, it went to 6 or 7. I'm thinking she's barely 7 now and we've had her for about 9 days.
I mean seriously, this little girl is just adorable. We were trying to come up with names. Someone would suggest something and two of us would like. We couldn't agree on anything. Then, I suggested Katniss from Hunger Games. David liked it and Ben. Then, Emily suggested Prim, which is Katniss' sister. And everyone said, yeah, Prim is cute. So, we called her Primrose Everdeen after the character in Hunger Games. Then, two days later Emily says she doesn't like Prim and wants to call her Sadie. The boys don't like Sadie. So, she has multiple names.
Introducing..... Mrs. Sadie Primrose Everdeen!
Here's how things were after a few days. And this was good. But, I could tell Rio was barely tolerating her.
Noah on the other hand was such a smitten kitten.
Then, after about a week, this happened.
And today they were chasing each other around the house and Prim was playing with Rio's tail. Yea! They aren't spooning or cleaning each other yet. But, I know that will happen soon enough.









5 comments:
That's so awesome!!! Probably Rio accepted her easier because she's so young. Also... remember we have FOUR. Ummm... yea. (rolling my eyes, ha ha).
And actually right now --- we have FIVE. My Grandkitty is here - staying in Sarah's old room with Sarah while she and Cody are between leases for a couple of weeks. Actually it's gone fine so far, because it's like none of them realize there are other cats there. Our 4 still don't like each other, but they tolerate one another's space for the most part. When we're gone the week and a half in Canada, I'm not sure how that's going to be since they are ALL huge babies and need constant attention. I'm very reluctant to leave them for long periods of time.
Anyways - welcome to your sweet new addition. ♥
Love, Linda
Ahhh, Primrose, is so sweet n Adorable to look at...Rio n her will be fine..Rio is probably jealous..so he needs extra Loving..
The video so cute, Noah didn't know what to do or say..I was Lol...also u know I love coming to ur house.. while ur on a vacation..n I totally know the Drill.. :)
I told u, my only problem was,.PACKING..
Suzy, is a perfect Packer...I am not good at it...but I have down sized..yippee, n now it's so much easier.. Gina, u n. Ur family
Enjoy ur new little baby kitten...the kids are excited...Love n Hugs Mommy
What a cutie! I love the video! You can tell Noah is totally in love!�� Love the name, too! Funny girl! Sadie, Sadie married lady!�� Can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Your lobster
Awwww! Sadie is so adorable! Just a wee’un like Noah was💞 Looks to me like Rio and her will get along just fine! You know I’m green with envy💚
Well by the time I get to comment I see your new fur baby has resorted to the name PRIM so I won't be calling her Sadie. I know she will have a good home and receive lots of love. Noah does look like he is completely in awe of her. What a great surprise for him. An early birthday gift!
Love,
G
Post a Comment