Thursday, July 19, 2018

Jellyfish and Chinese Food

We had a nice slow morning. Uncle Terry made breakfast and we headed to the beach. Amy stayed home and rested as she didn't sleep well.  The first thing Emily found was a jellyfish. They don't have the tentacles and we think they are dead and wash up, but who knows. The point being they don't sting anybody.


At some point, they found 4 of them. 

My kids are happiest at the beach. Literally, we can sit there all day and do nothing. There's log jumping, swimming, sitting in the sun, snacking, I don't know. We somehow manage to entertain ourselves for hours upon hours. Noah was a ninja turtle and battled bad guys for like 2 hours. I think he won.   

Then, we got showered up and went for Chinese food. Oh, it's soooo good. The first few times, the boys got french fries. Now, they get chicken chow mein and Ben was trying some of everything. We love this place. I wish they made Chinese as good as here, but even our favorite Chinese food place back home isn't this good. They make this ginger beef and honey garlic pork that are our favorites. We get all this food and share, it's delicious.

Emily and her cousin Amy are great buds. It's like the older sister that she never had. I love that they are friends and hang out. Amy took Em for a Starbucks this morning. They stay up late talking. I love it. Emily always misses her so much when we leave, but they stay in contact with Snapchat and stuff like that.
  

Tomorrow is our last beach day. We head home on Saturday. Then, we have 2 weeks before school starts and it'll be a busy 2 weeks. I'll enjoy tomorrow and worry about everything else later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing today's pictures before I he as d to sleep tonight. I got to see everyone. Thank you. Amazingly Terry and David look "related".I was happy to see that Emily and Amy are still best buddies. That is so sweet.Gina you and Paula are made for each other as well. I too love the Canadian Chinese food. I especially like the West coast Chinese food . In fact my mouth is watering for some right now.
Anyway enjoy your last beach day tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to see all of you in a month and a half or so.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the jelly fish have no tentacles..too scary for this Granny..lol
Happy to see all the family in the pictures
Everyone is looking Good.. :) very Nice..
Chinese Food is better tasting in Canada,
YUM...Makes me Hungry..so ur family can stay
At the Beach all day long..well, you do have
Alot to do..it's just fun..as a kid n a teenager I loved the beach too..God Bless
Ur whole Family..my Love Mommy

Linda said...

I wouldn't be holding the jelly fish regardless, because I've read before that they can sting, but they look cool. :) Loving all the photos. Hard to believe school starts again soon, I'm so out of the loop now on that and will go further so once I no longer work here. I'm glad it's the last time I have to see the students back here at the University since next year I will be long gone by this time. :)