Today, we get to the airport and see the beginnings of a haboob. Does everyone not in Arizona know what a haboob is? It's a huge dust cloud that consumes the city. When I saw this, I started to panic. But, it passed quickly and we were able to get on the plane.
Noah was out cold on the way to my Dad's.
When we got here, they set up the back bedroom so Emily could have her own space. She usually sleeps with her Dad, but she's almost 14 and that's not the cool thing. We all needed a good nights sleep.
We all got up and enjoyed the beautiful lake. Gosh, I love it here. The first thing we noticed when we got of the car last night was the pine tree smell. It's just amazing here.
The boys jumped on the new jet ski. Papa and Grandma Suzy got a new one since one was kind of old and my Dad had patched it a few times.
Then, we took everyone out for a spin.
Noah tried to catch tad poles.
Noah drinking a Coke. I love the sky here. It's so pretty.
My handsome Ben.
Ben doing the stand up paddle board. I told him he's supposed to stand up.
The boys played king of the raft.
Noah walking the logs.
Then, the other jet ski has a fuel injector problem. So, my Dad put back in the patched jet ski. It came off the trailer too fast and David jumped in with clothes on to save it. It was funny. I tell you, this jet ski has been patch and pretty much paper mached and you know what? It's probably going to last another 10 years.
You can drive a jet ski by yourself at 14. Emily is a month short. But, she really wanted to try it. So, David took her out and let her do all the driving and he sat in back and just gave her tips when he needed. She did really well. She even parked it perfectly.
Then tonight, the river was empty and she wanted to go out by herself. We said ok. I was so nervous. My baby girl is driving. But, I had taken a run with her earlier also and knew she drove carefully. So, we let her go. And she did just fine.
Meanwhile the boys tried to fit both of them on a child kayak and almost sunk the thing.
Suzy made a delicious dinner of chicken, corn, salad and potatoes.
It was pretty much a perfect day.
I stepped on a bee and got stung on the bottom of my foot. I could've done without that, but other than that, it was perfection.
















4 comments:
Looks amazing! No trampoline pics?! Ha! I'd be in the water, too! Sorry about your sting. Hope you're ok. Love ya!
Love,
Pam
Except for the bee sting, all looks and sounds amazing. I didn't know about those dust storms in Arizona - glad you made it out okay. :)
Now..... NEXT year at this time, I hope that you guys come THIS WAY because next year - July 20, 2019 is Sarah & Dakota's wedding here. ♥ xo
Love, Linda
Oh it looks so great there. You are lucky to have that option every year. Suzy and your Dad always make sure that everything is perfect by the time you get there. So proud of Emily . She surprised me being so brave. Hope your foot is better today. Watch out for those bees!
Love,
G.
Happy u all made it safely, to ur Dad n Suzys.. :) I see Emily has her own bedroom,
She made a comfy Lil bed for Porky,
N she's on her phone..lol so cute..
Very Handsome pic of Ben, he loOKs
Just like his Daddy David..Noah,
Back in the 1950's, Granny was a Lil girl,
ME , my friends n my brother
N his friends, well we walked 1 block.to the ditch..if no water was in there..just mud n a bit of water..all us kids would get in there n catch Tadpoles. N bring them home.
It was Fun.!! But if
there was water in there .it was dangerous..so we girls would go home n
Play paper dolls,Jacks or Jump Rope..that was how we had fun.:)
Love n Hugs..Granny/Mom
P.s. Linda, Congratulations
To Sarah n Dakota on their
Wedding to be!! :)
Post a Comment