Wednesday, August 8, 2018

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school. We have three kids at three different schools this year. That's rough. For Emily and Ben, it's a new school, so there's lots of things to learn.

The kids were ready for the first day.

I figured Emily would have the easiest time. She's been going to the high school every day for 2 weeks for color guard camp, and she went for a Freshmen orientation. So, I thought she'd be more than prepared. 

Noah's an old pro at his school, so I wasn't too worried about him. 

So, how did they do?

Emily calls two minutes after school gets out and says she can't find the buses. What? There are probably 10 huge yellow buses at your school and there is one way in and one way out. How can you not see them?  She can't find them, and of course, she's too scared to ask anyone. A few more minutes trickle by and I knew the buses were probably gone by now. So, I told her to walk to the jr. high next door as Dakri was there picking up Alanah and she could get a ride.  So, she did that.

Ben had a good day, he found the buses. But, he couldn't get his locker open. He had to ask for help several times. Ben's always been the type to just have a few great friends, and that's awesome. But, when one of his best friends goes to a different Jr. High and the other goes to your new school but has zero classes and lunch with you, you are on your own until you make new friends. That takes some time. For now, he sat with Emily's friends, which is fine. I just hope he branches out and makes some new friends this year.

Noah did great. I knew he would. He likes his new teacher. He doesn't have his best bud in his class this year, but they play at recess and before school. He'll make new friends too in his class. I don't worry about Noah where that is concerned.  

I spent the day loving on sweet little Prim. I think Sadie has gone by the wayside and now it's just Prim.  

Here's hoping the rest of the school year is as peaceful as Prim. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the kids all look bright eyed, n bushy
Tailed for the 1st day of school..so cute of
Sadie Primrose Everdeen..love that pic!!
The kids will be just fine ..in 3 different schools..they r very smart..they will be pros quickly.. :) my Love mommy

Linda said...

Love the first-day-of-school pictures! Even though I try to avoid the thought of back-to-school since we have no one in school and all it means for me is a billion college kids coming back to campus in the next 2 weeks. Ugh..... LOL. :D But.... that being said, going forward it will mean nothing to me until someday I (hopefully) have grandkids since I won't be here next year on campus. Hooray. ♥

I'm sure everything is going to go well once they settle into their routine and I adore Prim even though 4 cats is just way way too many at our house, ha ha. It's like I have a little farm to tend to each day.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Another new chapter begins. I am certain they will all have exciting events, a few ups and downs and over all a few new experiences especially Emily and Ben. I know they will do well and be excited to be growing up even if it seems way too quickly.
I love the pictures and remember so well when it was Emily's first day of school . She was ready and brave but shy then and I'm sure she is still a little of all this now but we know she will shine as always. Ben will eventually get the knack of opening his lock after all he is a super hero in disguise. Tell him even when I went to college I still had trouble with my lock but in those days it was ok to leave your locker unlocked and you did not have to fear anyway stealing your stuff , so I know times are different. Noah will continue to be the Social Bug and will have a great year especially is there are few "girls" around to make him feel at home.
My wishes are a great year for all.
Love,
G