In any case, when we were almost done, I wanted to get a picture of Emily in the middle of the school. She was mortified. She also told me about 10 times to quit talking to everyone. Do I really talk that much? Maybe I do. I thought I was being good. I wanted to stop the principal and tell him that I know his sister and I went to Prom with his brother in law. But, I figure I'll wait until Emily isn't with me. She'd just die because you know, I'm so awful.
These were the only photos I took when she thought I was texting someone.
Now, wouldn't she look a lot better if she actually looked at the camera and smiled? Ok, this is all payback. Mom, you can say it now...karma is getting me. I was a royal pain about pictures as a kid. Now, I get Mom. I get it, and I'm sorry.
Then, we have this kid who went to his Jr. High orientation today. He got his locker, schedule and we walked around to his classes. He's ready to be a new and improved Ben which is kind of hard since he's already pretty incredible. So, he wanted contacts. We went to his orientation and then went to his appointment for contacts. Here is he after the hour long appointment to get them in, and out and in again. They need to be able to take them out and put them in. In any case, it'll take some getting used to, but he looks pretty handsome.
We were driving to Costco for the contacts and I realized I forgot to take a picture. He actually wanted to go back and get a photo. So, we drove back to the school and he hopped out of the van, so I could get his picture.
Talk about two different kids. He was hoping to have lunch with his good friend, but of course, they have different periods for lunch. I hope he makes new friends and the next two years are full of all good things.
As for Emily, I think being in color guard will be wonderful for her. She got lunch with all of them and she's been at color guard camp for 2 weeks now. She's really enjoying it. I hope the next 4 years are full of good times and a great high school experience.
Noah has his teacher meet and greet on Thursday. I know he'll smile for pictures.


5 comments:
Ha Ha!!! :D This brings back memories of going to High School orientation with Sarah. She and I had a big fight, she also said similar things and definitely NO photos. She ended up leaving Jim and I at a lunch table and running around the school with a boy and other friends during the orientation.
Ben looks so handsome!
Hope they both have a wonderful school year.
Love, Linda
Well, ummm I was thinking as I read this blog..like mama gina n daughter Emily,
Yes gina u never wanted me to take pics
Of you as a child..n u were so cute n
Adorable..I will accept ur apology.
I did at least take about 1000 pics
Of you..I got LUCKY..YOU know I LOVE
N CHERISH YOU FOREVER.. UR MAMA'S
BABY GIRL.. :) BEN LOOKS SO HAMDSOME.
EMILY IS JUST BEING A TEENAGER..THAT'S
WHAT THEY DO..SHE'S A LIL SWEETHEART THO.
EMILY N BEN, HAVE A GREAT TIME IN UR NEW
ADVENTURES AT ur new SCHOOLs.. I know
U both will make amazing grades!!.
I love you all..Mom/Granny :)
Awwww....
I’m in tears.
Have they grown that much in less than two weeks!
Emily is going to have a fabulous year! And Ben too. So exciting....these new beginnings/phases)! Ben is such a handsome young man! He has such dreamy eyes that can now charm the world.
As for Noah, the party follows him, I’m sure!
Aaaack! How did I not see this post yesterday?! So funny that Emily is so mortified of you - the sweetest, nicest most personable person around! I guess she's being a teen. Happy to hear color guard is going well? Have you not been able to sneak in and take pics/video at a practice?! As for Ben, so handsome with those contacts! I know they'll both have a great year! Pickles!!
Love,
Pam
I know I am more than a week late with my comments but I was so happy to see and hear all about their new school year orientation. All the comments from above have expressed just about everything I could add . I do hope and pray they all have a wonderful school year and continue to make you and David proud with all their accomplishments.
You got it guys, just give it your best efforts and don't let others lead you away from what you know is most important to you.
Love ,
G
Post a Comment