Noah got an awesome bubble blower.
And they all got these cool lights that go on your fingers. You know Ben thought he was the Green Lantern with these.
Emily thought they were cool too.
I was just telling David on Tuesday that the summer has gone by quickly and I never once wished school would start. Then, we woke up on Wednesday and all that changed. They were fighting and tattle telling (the worst) and driving me crazy. School can't start fast enough. The 4 day count down was on.
Tonight we had the teacher meet and greet at the school. Ben has Emily's 1st grade teacher, which is a good thing.
Emily seems to have a wonderful 3rd grade teacher who sent out a letter last week. I love when teachers are organized and on top of things She gets an A+ already.
Emily also has a bird in her class named Snickers.
They have some new pick up policy, so while I was waiting in line to get some information, David took the kids to the playground. I truly think these kids have one of the best playgroud views ever.
And Noah manged to hurt himself somehow. One minute he was on the rock climbing ladder, the next he was on the ground.
Poor kid. The meet and greet night will always hold a special memory as it was 3 years ago this night that we met Emily's Kindergarten teacher and within an hour I was at the hospital. Within 3 hours, I was on a helicopter to Phoenix to have a baby 9 weeks early. I can still remember it vividly. I'm sure I always will. Maybe it's a reminder for me to not take things for granted. I know I could've died and Noah too. Everything can be gone in an instant. So, I'll enjoy these next 3 days with my kids.
And I'll enjoy dropping them off at school on Monday too.
2 comments:
I enjoyed seeing your update. :)
Hope the kids have a great school year.
Sarah's band camp begins on Monday - all day every day in the relentless heat. Thank goodness school doesn't start until August 21st because I know she still has an Honors English project to complete (a requirement of being in that class - each summer they have this project). She always waits until the last minute and drives me crazy.
Off to the beautiful Michigan lake shore this coming weekend for our anniversary.
Hope you have a great week.
Love, Linda
Oh poor Noah!Certainly better though than what he was about to experience three years ago. Glad the kids both have great teachers. Should be a good year for them both. I can already see the excitement in Em's eyes.
Have fun with the Wimpy kid tomorrow. LOL!
Love,
G.
Post a Comment