You know we'll be celebrating tomorrow and a slumber party on Friday. But tonight was all about preparation.
I made cupcakes for her class.
I made pea soup for her lunch. It's one of her favorites.
I made a pumpkin roll for her cake tomorrow night. It's her favorite. She enjoyed picking off the leftover nuts and powder sugar off the towel.
I've been in the kitchen for 4 hours. Thank God David took the kids to the pool. I'm thankful too that my Mom did round 1 and 2 of dishes and David did round 3.
Tomorrow I'm making her favorite dinner, roast, carrots and mashed potatoes.
Emily just came up and thanked me for making all of her favorite stuff. She said, "I'm always going to live with you now!" I don't know if that was the exact reaction I was going for...
2 comments:
What a lucky almost 8 year old! I know you will make sure your 1 and only little girl has a very special day. No wonder she would never want to leave you. Happy Birthday sweet Emily.
Love,
G.
Happy Birthday, Emily!! :o)
She's blessed and so are you to have a little girl show her appreciation. I did all of those wonderful things too and yet Sarah has always seemed like she's had one foot out the door since the day she was born. Ha.
I know you'll all enjoy a wonderful special day.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment