I don't have a lot of perfectly front face shots of Ben where he isn't smiling. Usually when he smiles, it's a one-sided smile and it crinkles up one eye and you don't get a good look at his eyes. The other day in the car, I got a good picture of him looking right at me.
I could definitely tell that his eyes look more centered then they were before.
So, I went looking for a picture from before the surgery. It was hard to find one without glasses, so that you could see a difference. It is VERY slight, but I can tell that his right eye is straightened out.
It's possible that he could need this exact surgery again if they eye isn't where the Doctor wants it. We have an appointment on Thursday afternoon.
Does anybody else see a difference or is it just my wishful thinking?
2 comments:
Well only a Mom (or a Dad would know for sure), and it looks GREAT (it's healed so well), but to me it looks like the same placement. Hoping it's working though!!
I checked with my Dad about my sister Angie's numerous eye surgeries from that age and younger to make sure of what I was thinking, and he said that they helped slightly in her case, but she still ended up needing glasses all of her life, which is the same for everyone in my family, except for ME, who only needed the typical readers at around 40.
My Mom and Sarah's Dad both are legally blind in one of their eyes but it's never been a stumbling block for either of them, so all these things shared - no matter what happens, Ben will do wonderfully!! And in his case, it does look like the surgeries are helping. :)
Love, Linda
I really have to agree with you. It is very hard to remember if we could see Ben's lazy eye before. I never really thought anything of his crooked way of smiling, and making funny faces. I hope it has been significantly straightened but it really is hard to tell for sure. Now if he had a really crossed eye before it would be much easier to tell, but Ben is Ben and he seemed perfect just the way he was. Anyway, hope it all goes well on Thursday and there are no repeat performances.☺
Love,
G
Post a Comment