Emily wrote a note in her poorest penmanship. I personally like the arrow, so Santa will know exactly where the cookies are.
Have I mentioned yet that David's Mom is visiting? She's been here for awhile and the kids are loving the extra attention.
With David's Mom (Grammie) and my Mom (Granny) both here, it means we've been playing musical beds. Granny is in the guest room. Grammie is in Emily's room. Emily is in mine and David's room. Emily is a very light sleeper which made things really difficult for Santa come Christmas night. But he managed as he always does, and everything went off without a hitch.
At 7:39, Ben came running in the room to wake up me and Emily. David had already been awake for awhile and Noah was up. The chaos was about to begin.
To my surprise, the kids didn't want to tear into their big presents from Santa. They wanted to find the gifts that they bought for everyone at Santa's workshop at school and give them to everyone else.
They handed out gifts to each other, to Mom and Dad and grandma's. I was shocked. On a child's most selfish day of the year, my kids were thinking of others. Maybe we are doing something right.
Their turns came soon enough and they were happy to open all their gifts.
Santa brought a big train table.
Emily got a "brown" doll as she requested.
Emily also got a Barbie mansion which I've enjoyed playing with.
This train table almost brought me to tears. Screws the size or a pin head, a missing part, I was cussing out Santa by 1:00. But, it finally got done and the kids love it.
I love Christmas. The get togethers. The anticipation. The magic. It's all wonderful, but come the 26th, I'm ready to pack it up. Once the day has passed, all I see is clutter and craziness. The superheros have invaded the Christmas Village.
And Ben dumped out half of his 1600 piece Lego set on the floor. Then, Noah dumped out all of the canister of popcorn on top of it.
Yep, I'm ready to pack up the chaos and put it away for the next 11 months.
1 comment:
Great pictures and fun for sure. :) Awww, though I'm not ready to pack it up - not until right before we head back to work and school, which isn't until January 4. I'm savoring each and every sweet day (even if I was sad on the 26th). Last night, we had a house full of girls with a crazy sleepover, and I'm thinking ice skating, and then New Year's Eve will be with Sarah and her friends here and celebrating Ashlee's 16th Birthday.
Hope you have a fun remainder of Christmas week.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment