Monday, December 19, 2011

Off The Fence

Noah has by far been our hardest child. He's strong willed, demanding and stubborn. I don't know where he gets that from? Probably me.

It's been my joke that David wanted a third child. I was still on the fence and Noah was 2. Don't get me wrong, I've loved him from the get go. But... Dr. Phil once said, whatever comes after "but" is how you truly feel. So, I've loved him from the get go, but he's a royal pain.

Something has changed lately. Noah is still strong willed, demanding and stubborn, but he's also learning to communicate more. With that comes telling me he wants juice instead of screaming. Also, my Mom being here gives me a little freedom. I can go to the store without Noah and sometimes space is a good thing. Whatever exactly has changed with Noah has finally made him enjoyable.

I like him.

I told him that the other night and now we repeat it back and forth to each other. I tried to get it on video.

I wasn't too successful that time. He just thought I was funny.

This shows some of his spunk.


And finally, I got him to say it.

I like him.
I love him.
I'm no longer on the fence.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The smile of my morning. :D
Adorable.