Monday, January 5, 2009

The Zoo

We woke up on New Years Day and asked the kids what they wanted to do. Emily decided that she HAD to go to the zoo. We have a very small zoo, animal sanctuary really, here in Prescott. It's small, cheap and perfect for kids under 5. I thought about driving to this great zoo that is about 45 minutes away until I looked up prices. $36 for adults and $20 for children. Seriously, are you kidding me? $112 for a family of 4 to get in. I wondered if I should e-mail them and let them know they aren't Sea World. It's a pretty cool zoo though, so I will wait until we get a buy one, get one free admission and then we can go.

We went to our little zoo for $21. It was perfect.


Watching the black bear nibble on a bone.


Being silly.


More silliness.


They also have a playground and free roaming peacocks. Apparently, this peacock enjoys the slide as much as the next kid.


Daddy had to go up and scare the peacock away.


I love watching the kids and taking pictures when they don't know they are being watched.






We had a great time and it was a nice way to start the new year.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is a great way to start the new year!

We have a small zoo similar to this in Decatur, which is an hour west of us. It was a nice place to bring Sarah when she was little. Seeing the photos of your children having fun, remind me of those times.

Now for us, it's Pre-Algebra projects compliments of a daughter who loves to procrastinate. Lucky for us, Jim loves Math - I'm not a numbers girl, so he gets to help on all of these projects. :-)

I'm glad your New Year is off to a fun start.

me - Aunt Linda.