Whoever said "there is no such thing as a free lunch", has not been to Costco the day before the Super Bowl.
I usually save Costco and Sam's for the weekend as David likes to go and check out what they have. We have memberships to both thanks to my Dad. Actually, my Dad's wife and David are listed as spouses on the Sam's account. My Dad and I aren't even on the Sam's account, but this way both families can enjoy one membership.
We deliberately went to Walmart first in hopes that Costco would have more samples out by the time we got there. The kids love samples and Emily asks for them as soon as we pull into the parking lot. They are like Pavlov's dog.
The place is packed. Everyone is stocking up on things for the big game tomorrow. I'm a bit pickier than David and don't try everything. We have a system though that if he wants me to get a sample of something he'll say, "Sweetie, you should try the shrimp." Knowing of course that I won't eat shrimp, but I know that's code for "he wants a second one".
On the way out, David remarked about how full he was. We recapped what he ate in the store and couldn't help but laughing.
The feast included:
Cheesecake
2 chocolate cakes
3 pieces of rosemary olive bread with butter, one with no butter (Ben didn't want it)
3 sausage hot links
2 pieces of pizza
2 shrimp ceviche salsa with chips
avocado
strawberry shortcake
bbq brisket
mini bean burrito
3 wings (hot, honey and citrus)
2 cocktail shrimp
Kettle chips
Beef Jerky
I'm cracking up right now as he's laying on the floor recalling his gluttony. Mind you these were all small bite size portions. There were many samples too that he didn't get or they were out of when we went by.
Hungry? Head to Costco today!
1 comment:
This is so funny! :)
We don't have a Costco and I've never been there. None of our stores give so many samples and even when we come across a sample or two, we've usually already eaten lunch out (like yesterday).
Post a Comment