Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baking and Breaking Bread

We got together with our Mom's group today to bake bread.

We even grinded our own wheat.


Each kid took turns adding ingredients.


If you poke the mixer with your fingers, it mixes quicker. At least they thought so!


Ben was intrigued with the grinder.


Today was also the inauguration of our new President. As Emily would call him. BarackO. No matter where you go, you find people who love and don't love him. It's like our country is completely joined and also divided. That's not going to get us anywhere. Put personal feelings aside. He is our President and we should all embrace and support him.

Let's all just break some bread together and make some real changes in our lives.

I, for one, am hopeful. Very hopeful.

Just give him a chance.

4 comments:

brownymama said...

Wish we had been there! Looks like fun!

Linda said...

I fully agree. If this staunch conservative, often Republican girl (though totally Independent as well) can be this enthused and emotionally charged about our new President, so can anyone else. I haven't changed my values or core beliefs and won't, but that doesn't mean, I can't be enthusiastic about a new start for our country.

I am completely filled with hope today and very proud to be an American!

As I sat in my office today watching the CNN Live Feed of the event, with a fellow Christian, an Agnostic, and a Muslim, I couldn't help but feeling how we had a little part of "America" right there in the room with us. All of us friends, of very different beliefs, but who yet work together successfully to hopefully make the world a better place.

I love that you made bread at your Mom's group. :) Cute photos as always.

Linda

Sarah said...

It's good to be an American. I am hopeful for this new start as well.

Anonymous said...

Hopeful, joyful and inspired - yesterday was an amazing day! A great day to be an American!